Oak landscape timbers are now in stock!!!!!
Just to let everyone know! We have just recieved a load of penta treated oak ties. 6"x 6" x 8' & 6" x ..
Closed for the 4th of July!!!
We will be closed Friday July 4th for Independence Day! We will re-open Saturday July 5th! Have a fantasti..
Online quotes will be delayed...
Online quotes put in Friday-Monday will be answered as quickly as possible on Tuesday July 1st 2014. Please for..
Closed Monday For Memorial Day
Just to let everyone know, we will be closed Monday the 26th for Memorial Day. Deadline for Online Quotes today..
Customer Appreciation BBQ!!!
The customer appreciation BBQ will be Thursday April 24th from 11:00-1:00 pm. We will be having burger, brats &..
|Shopping cart is empty.|
• Our 1” boards are C & Better grade. They are a flat grained, kiln-dried product.
• Our 2” dimension is C & Better grade. They are a mixed grained, kiln-dried product, which generally contains only about 10% vertical grain.
• Our 5/8”x4” beaded ceiling is a C & Better grade, flat grained, kiln-dried product.
• Our 1x4 T&G flooring is all C & Better, Vertical Grain, kiln-dried.
• What is Vertical Grain? (Also referred to as Quarter-sawn) It is when the growth rings in the board are perpendicular to the width of the board. Vertical Grain is far superior to flat grained products when used for walking surfaces.
• If painted, it needs to be primed, before installation, on ALL sides, ends and edges.
• The mill we buy this product from manufactures some of the highest quality flooring available. The raw wood fiber they use is harvested from one of the best timber growing areas, plus they grade on the high side of the C & Btr. grade.
• 5/4x12 Nosed Stepping is all C & Better, Vertical Grain, kiln-dried. What is Vertical Grain? (Also referred to as Quarter-sawn) It is when the growth rings in the board are perpendicular to the width of the board. Vertical Grain is far superior to flat grained products when used for walking surfaces.
• This stepping comes from the same mill and wood fiber as our other fir products, so the quality is top-of-the-line.
• REMEMBER that even though C & Better is the highest grade commonly available, this grade allows some defects such as pitch pockets and small knots in occasional pieces. It is not “Clear” as some people assume. All of our C & Btr. Fir lumber is kiln dried to 12% or less. The moisture content typically runs around 8%.
|This catalog has no sub-catalogs.|
1 x 4 'C' and Better Fir Flooring Tongue And Groove, Vertical Grain
Douglas Fir (DF) - A species used for construction mainly in the Western United States. In the Midwest, this species is normally stocked in the "clear" finish grades or #2 structural timbers. White Fir - One species in SPF - Canadian woods of similar characteristics that have been grouped for production and marketing. The SPF species have moderate strength, are worked easily, take paint readily, and hold nails well.
Our C&BTR Vertical Grain Douglas Fir Tongue & Groove porch flooring has a coverage of 3".